rome games: Try one of the links below
Rome Study Guide
1. Who was the first emperor of Rome?
2. What is the Pax Romana?
3. What did Augustus accomplish?
4. Name the Julio-Claudian rulers.
5. Which Roman emperor restored order and put down a Jewish rebellion in Palestine, and used stones from a destroyed Jewish temple to build the Colosseum?
6. What do we call the barrier erected by the Romans across northern Britain to keep out the Picts and
7. What were the two most common languages used in the Roman Empire?
8. What culture contributed most to Roman art, architecture, and religion?
9. What features were added to this style of architecture by the Romans?
10. What Roman temple, built to honor the gods, had the largest domes roof of its time?
11. What was the name of the huge arena that could hold up to 60,000 people?
12. What are “aqueducts”?
13. Roman gods and goddesses were very similar to those of the _____?
14. The Romans allowed freedom of religion as long as
15. Which religion was persecuted by the Romans?
16. The Roman Empire became very unstable after A.D. 235 because ______.
17. What are the causes of the failure of Rome’s economy?
18. What was the main cause of inflation in the Roman Empire?
19. What are some of Diocletian’s reforms?
20. To where did Constantine move the capital city of the Roman Empire?
21. Who was responsible for legalizing Christianity in the Roman Empire?
22. Who divided the Roman Empire into two separate empires in A.D. 395?
23. Why were Germanic tribes entering the Roman Empire in large numbers?
24. Who was the last Roman emperor and when did his reign end, marking the fall of Rome?
25. Which Germanic tribe took power in Gaul (present-day France) in A.D. 486?
26. The Byzantine Empire lasted another __________, after the fall of Rome in 476 C.E./A.D.
27. What are some examples of Roman contributions to later civilizations?
28. Why was Constantinople a great location for the Byzantine capital?
29. What cultures blended together to form the Byzantine civilization between A.D. 500 and A.D.
30. In A.D./C.E. 532, how did Theodora help save her husband, Emperor Justinian, from the loss of his
31. What is the Justinian Code?
32. The Byzantine Christian church became known as _____________.
33. What did the Roman Pope Leo III do in A.D./C.E. 800 that angered the Byzantine emperor and the Byzantine church?
34. What did the patriarch of Constantinople and the pope of Rome do in the year 1054, which caused a
schism lasting to the present day?
Rome Research Topics
Pick a topic or question below and make a 5 slide power point, along with a three page written report.
2. Pax Romana:
3. Greek Influence:
4. Arches, domes, vaults:
6. The Pantheon:
8. Roman Religion:
10. Eastern Orthodox:
13. Role of Christianity:
14. List Byzantine accomplishments:
15. Why did Rome fall?
1. Pax Romana